Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Impress your friends with this delicious marriage between a chiffon and cheesecake dessert - Light, Creamy, Low-Fat and Beautiful!! Especially attractive for Valentine's Day! Actual cooking time is minimal, but includes time in the refrigerator.
- 1 3⁄4 cups chocolate cookie crumbs or 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs or 1 3⁄4 cups biscotti cookie crumbs (7 oz.)
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 envelope unflavored unsweetened gelatin powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 32 ounces fat free cream cheese
- unflavored red food coloring (enough to make it a pretty pink color)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor (raspberry liqueur)
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 cup seedless raspberry jelly or 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup, in squeese container
- CRUST: (About 7 ounces cookies will make 1-3/4 cup crumbs) Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9" or 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Process cookies in food processor until crumbs are the size of graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Add 2 tbs. water and mix.
- Press crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and cool completely to room temperature
- FILLING: Puree thawed raspberries in food processor; strain out seeds.
- Place 2 tbs. cornstarch in small bowl; add 3 tbs. of raspberry puree and mix to make a slurry.
- Pour remaining raspberry puree in sauce pan on medium heat. Heat until boiling.
- With whisk, stir in the cornstarch slurry and bring sauce just to a boil, stirring until thickened. Set aside.
- In small bowl combine gelatin and cold water and let stand until gelatin is softened. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and liquid is clear. Set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, 2 tbs. raspberry liqueur, and food coloring until well blended.
- Slowly add thickened raspberry puree and gelatin mixture and beat until very creamy.
- Pour into crust and refrigerate several hours (or overnight) until cake is completely firm.
- SAUCE: Microwave raspberry jelly just until softened. With whisk, blend in raspberry liqueur.
- Remove springform rim from pan and slice cheesecake into 12-16 slices. GARNISH: Place slice of cheesecake on plate, spoon a little raspberry sauce on top; drizzle a little chocolate over cheesecake getting some on plate to decorate.
- NOTE: For Strawberry Cheesecake- Frozen strawberries can be substituted for the frozen raspberries; fresh strawberries substituted for fresh raspberries.
I made this with the chocolate crust Which I thick was a little overpowering. I also used only 16 ounces of cream cheese.If I was to make again I would use biscotti for the crust. So not to take over the flavor of the raspberry.