Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
My husband brought this recipe home from a co-worker years ago. Although a basic recipe, this cake is always a hit wherever I bring it. Even those who do not like raspberries, comment on how they like this cake much to their surprise. I also make it with frozen raspberries not thawed. I use my own icing recipe, which is included. I prefer to use butter.
- Cream butter, add suger and beat.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients and do not overmix.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle raspberries over batter.
- Bake 350F for 45 minutes or until cake tests done.
- Cream butter and shortening.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Beat in sugar, 1 cup at a time, blending well after each addition.
- Add milk and beat at hight speed until light and fluffy.
- Makes 3 cups.
I didn't have raspberries; had a bag of mixed berries in the freezer so used mixed instead. Delicious!!