Wilton Copycat Buttercream Icing
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temp
- 1 1 teaspoon almond extract or 1 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons water
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon meringue powder
- Cream the butter and crisco together.
- Add the flavour extract and water.
- Add dry ingredients 1 cup at a time and beat on medium until throughly mixed.
- Beat for another 7-10 minutes till the icing is creamy and smooth.
- Keep covered with a damp cloth while using and leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks.
- This yields about 3 cups.
Join The Conversation