Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is just one version of ras el hanout, which can be added to many Moroccan savoury dishes. I like crushing the toasted whole spices with a mortar & pestle. Relieves a lot of stress! Derived from a recipe I found on the net.
- Put all the whole spices in a nonstick pan over medium-high heat and toast for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly. Your kitchen should start smelling wonderful!
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Grind the ingredients to a fine powder,using a mortar and pestle or a grinder,.
- Sift to remove any unground bits.
- Place in a tightly sealed container and store in a cool, dark place, or in the freezer.