1/2 Photos of Rarebit Risotto
I've adapted this recipe from the Moosewood Simple Suppers cookbook, and it always gets rave reviews! Beer and cheddar may not sound like ideal risotto ingredients, but I guarantee it'll be love at first bite! I often substitute mushroom stock for the vegetable broth, which gives this dish a warm earthy flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan, bring vegetable broth to a gentle simmer.
- 2In a medium dutch oven (or large sauce pan), heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add rice and stir till well coated and golden. Add beer and stir till rice has absorbed all the liquid.
- 3Ladle in a cup or so of the stock and continue stirring till liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Repeat till all broth has been absorbed (stirring constantly).
- 4While risotto is cooking, steam broccoli until bright green and just tender (I just pop it in a bowl, sprinkle with water, and microwave for a minute or so).
- 5When the last of the broth is absorbed, add mustard and cheese and stir till cheese is melted and well combined with risotto. Stir in broccoli and tomatoes and sever immediately. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rarebit Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.9
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 19.8 mg
- Sodium 160.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 9.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: