Sesame Tofu With Spinach
photo by Bay Laurel
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) package firm tofu
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco) (optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil or 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 10 ounces fresh Baby Spinach, rinsed
- Slice the Tofu lengthwise into 4 rectangular slabs, than half each piece to get squares.
- Spread the sesame seeds on a plate. Press all surfaces of each tofu square into the seeds to coat.
- Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Arrange the tofu in a single layer and cook about 5 minutes Carefully turn and cook 5 minutes on other side.
- Add soy sauce and Tabasco, turn the squares over, and cook another minute. Transfer squares to a plate (leaving stray seeds in the pan).
- Add the oil and garlic to the pan and sauté for about 30 seconds, until golden. Add the still damp rinsed spinach and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring constantly. Cook until wilted but still bright green.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Serve the tofu on top of the spinach.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 2 more reviews