Serve this salsa alongside chips, or on your favorite Mexican dish! Posted for ZWT 5.
Make and share this Ranchero Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat broiler. (500º).
- Place tomato quarters and pepper halves, cut side down, on broiler pan.
- Broil 4 inches from the heat for 5-7 minutes, 'til skins start to blacken.
- Remove from broiler pan; cool.
- Remove skins from tomatoes and peppers; finely chop.
- Cook onion and garlic in hot oil, in a small saucepan for 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, peppers and cumin. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 - 15 minutes or 'til most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Cool completely.