Recipe by Lili's Mommy
My husband is the biggest breaded chicken fan. But since I can't make mine taste like his dad's basic breaded chicken, I stopped trying. I created this version to please both of us.
- 12 chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs or 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 (4 ounce) packets ranch dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup romano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the eggs in one flat container. Mix the flour, 1 ranch packet, salt, pepper and cheese in another container. And finally mix the breadcrumbs and the remaining ranch packet in another shallow container.
- Dredge the chicken first in the flour mix, then the egg, then finally cover in the breadcrumbs. Let the chicken set up for a few minutes to make sure the breadcrumbs stick.
- While the chicken is resting, heat the oil in a medium to medium high heat pan (depending on your stove). Place the chicken carefully in the hot oil. Allow to cook for approximatly 5 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- If you find the chicken is not cooked through, place the chicken in an oven safe dish and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- You might have to pound the chicken tenderloins the next time you make the dish if you find they don't cook well.