Prep 7 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. Creamy Mac and Cheese, Spicy Jalapeño, and Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning mix make these cupcakes a perfect appetizer for grown ups!
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 ounce Hidden Valley Original Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- cooking spray
- Preheat the over to 375°F Line 18 muffin cups with foil liners. Spray with cooking spay.
- Cook pasta al dente, according to instructions on the package. Drain well, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium size saucepan. Add flour and let it cook at medium heat for about a minute and a half, stirring constantly.
- Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Add Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning Mix. Cook at medium low heat until it starts to thicken. Add shredded cheese, stir well and cook until the cheese is completely melted.
- Pour cheese sauce into drained pasta and mix well. Add beaten eggs, crumbled blue cheese and diced jalapeno peppers and stir until well incorporated. Set aside.
- To prepare the breadcrumb topping, combine breadcrumbs, salt, lemon zest and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Spoon about ¼ cup pasta into each cupcake liner. Top each one with approximately 1 ½ teaspoons of seasoned breadcrumbs and 1 ½ teaspoons grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375F for about 25 minutes until golden brown.
really good! I loved it. Thank you for sharing!!!!!!
Such a great combination of flavors .... and what a lovely presentation
The addition of blue cheese made all the flavors really pop!