Prep 8 mins
Cook 45 mins
Satisfyingly filling meatless version. MMMmmmm!
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups yellow onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup dried lentils
- 1⁄2 cup tomato puree
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried lima beans
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 8 lemon wedges
- Place first 8 ingredients on large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in beans and next 5 ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 min or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with lemon wedges.