Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This dish prepared by Chef James Perillo at calraisins.org. Lighten up this healthy dish with raisins, granola, and fresh fruit. You can substitute other fresh fruits and change the number of layers depending on the amount of fruit and size of bowl. Didn't allow for cooling time for granola but that can be made 2-3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- 1⁄2 cup natural bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup california matural raisins
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts or 1⁄4 cup pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter or 1⁄2 cup unsalted margarine
- 1⁄4 cup granola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hazelnut syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ripe peaches or 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 fresh figs, stems removed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 papayas or 4 mangoes, skin and seed(s) removed, medium diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1⁄2 pint strawberry, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries
- 1⁄2 pint raspberries
- Combine the first 8 ingredients(starting with bran and ending with unsalted cashews) in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Set aside.
- Combine the remaining 8 ingredients(starting with the cinnamon and ending with a pinch of salt)in a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Fold into dry mixture and mix so all ingredients in bowl are coated.
- Spread evenly on a sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 250ºF for approximately 30 minutes making sure to stir ingredients until golden brown.
- Remove; cool and crumble.
- HAZELNUT CREAM:.
- Cpmbine sugar, hazelnut syrup and heavy cream in a chilled bowl and whip till peaks hold.
- TO ASSEMBLE:.
- Ina glass bowl, start with a layer of granola, layer of fruit, then a layer of cream until bowl is full ending with a the top layer of whipped cream.
- Sprinkle with granola and fresh raspberries.
- CHEF'S NOTES: Combine the strawberries and blueberries together for a layer. Also, ensure that all fruit is prepped and chilled and granola is prepared and ready to go before assembling. Whipping the cream should be last minute along with assembly.