1 hr 30 mins
This dish prepared by Chef James Perillo at calraisins.org. Lighten up this healthy dish with raisins, granola, and fresh fruit. You can substitute other fresh fruits and change the number of layers depending on the amount of fruit and size of bowl. Didn't allow for cooling time for granola but that can be made 2-3 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup natural bran
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 1 cup california matural raisins
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts or 1/4 cup pine nuts or 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or 1/2 cup unsalted margarine
- 1/4 cup granola oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ripe peaches or 3 fresh apricots, pitted and cut into wedges
- 8 fresh figs, stems removed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 papayas or 4 mangoes, skin and seed(s) removed, medium diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh cherries, pitted
- 1/2 pint strawberry, stemmed and cut into quarters
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 1/2 pint raspberries
- 2Combine the first 8 ingredients(starting with bran and ending with unsalted cashews) in a bowl.
- 3Mix well.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Combine the remaining 8 ingredients(starting with the cinnamon and ending with a pinch of salt)in a pot and bring to a simmer, stirring to combine and dissolve sugar.
- 6Fold into dry mixture and mix so all ingredients in bowl are coated.
- 7Spread evenly on a sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 8Bake at 250ºF for approximately 30 minutes making sure to stir ingredients until golden brown.
- 9Remove; cool and crumble.
- 11HAZELNUT CREAM:.
- 12Cpmbine sugar, hazelnut syrup and heavy cream in a chilled bowl and whip till peaks hold.
- 13TO ASSEMBLE:.
- 14Ina glass bowl, start with a layer of granola, layer of fruit, then a layer of cream until bowl is full ending with a the top layer of whipped cream.
- 15Sprinkle with granola and fresh raspberries.
- 16CHEF'S NOTES: Combine the strawberries and blueberries together for a layer. Also, ensure that all fruit is prepped and chilled and granola is prepared and ready to go before assembling. Whipping the cream should be last minute along with assembly.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Raisins, Toasted Granola, Fresh Fruit, and Hazelnut Cream Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (4586 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7662.7
- Calories from Fat 4113
- Total Fat 457.0 g
- Saturated Fat 236.3 g
- Cholesterol 896.1 mg
- Sodium 671.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 928.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 125.1 g
- Sugars 618.0 g
- Protein 83.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: