Recipe by queenbeatrice
Both the raisin and date options are just as good as the other. i usualy make a batch of each to please everyone.
Top Review by lauralie41
Another winning muffin recipe for us! I used Raisin Bran cereal and added a handful of extra raisins. Very good bran muffins and will give the dates a try next time. Made and reviewed for Kittencal's Nuffin But Muffin Tag Game in the Vegetarian Forum.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups natural bran
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 cup raisins or 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Blend together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Blend in bran, brown sugar and raisins or dates.
- Mix a well in the centre of dry ingredients.
- Combine and add egg, milk and vegetable oil.
- Stir only until combined.
- Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.