Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipes for Healthier Eating. I just made these (8/28) and used Kashi GoLean Crunch as the 'granola cereal' and they did not work at all. Also, I tried a 9x13 baking dish, but had to do a 7x11 in order to get them to fit. I baked for 23 minutes, but probably needed closer to 30. The top looks great, but the bottom is barely cooked. I recommend either a) use real granola cereal, or b) don't make these :) Good luck!
- 4 egg whites (or 2 whole eggs)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups plain granola cereal (no added fat or low fat)
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ, toasted
- 3 tablespoons raw sunflower seeds
- 4 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Beat egg whites and sugar in large bowl with whisk until smooth.
- Beat in oil, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Blend well.
- Coat generously a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Turn raisin mixture into pan.
- Pat to even layer.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan.
- Loosen edges with spatula and invert onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Cut into 4 dozen bit-sized pieces.
- Store in an airtight container or pack in small plastic bags for on-the-go snacking.
Made these according to the recipe, but did bake them for almost 28 minutes, & everything turned out just fine! They were a little thin, I thought, but then I've had store-bought "energy bars" that were just as thin, so . . . Anyway, we are enjoying them primarily as a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]