Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This Pre-1940's recipe included in my “Grandma’s Wartime Edition Cookbook”
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fat
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup raisins (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Sift dry ingredients, reserving a little flour.
- Add milk, eggs and melted fat.
- Beat mixture throughly.
- Sift flour over chopped raisins, stir mixture.
- Place in greased loaf pan and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Chopped dates or figs may be subtituted for raisins.