Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Yeast bread with molasses in it.
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄8 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄8 cup water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 cups flour
- Combine scalded milk, salt, butter, molasses and sugar.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in water; add to milk mixture.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and beaten egg.
- Add raisins.
- Add mixture to flour a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Knead and let rise covered in a greased bowl.
- Punch down and form into loaves.
- Place loaves in greased pans and let rise until doubled.
- Bake 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes.