Prep 4 hrs
Cook 45 mins
Yeast bread with molasses in it.
Make and share this Raisin Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Combine scalded milk, salt, butter, molasses and sugar.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in water; add to milk mixture.
- Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and beaten egg.
- Add raisins.
- Add mixture to flour a little at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Knead and let rise covered in a greased bowl.
- Punch down and form into loaves.
- Place loaves in greased pans and let rise until doubled.
- Bake 375 degree Fahrenheit oven for 45 minutes.