Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a good alternative to a raisin pie and is easy to make for potlucks or family gathering
- 2 cups raisins
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Cook together first 4 ingredients until thickened.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Reserve 1 cup of crumb mixture.
- Press remaining into 9x13 pan about 1/2" deep.
- Pour cooked raisins over top and sprinkle with the reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 375° for 15 - 20 minutes.