Prep 0 mins
Cook 45 mins
There couldn't be a more bright cake for your b'day!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon yellow food coloring
- 1 teaspoon rose essence
- 1 teaspoon pineapple essence
- 1 teaspoon strawberry essence
- Sieve flour, baking powder and soda bi carbonate.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs slowly (Its preferable to add 1 egg at a time for best results).
- Add flour and milk.
- Make into a smooth paste.
- Divide the batter into 3 equal parts.
- To one part, add 1 teaspoon green colour and rose essence.
- To the second part, add 1 teaspoon yellow colour and pineapple essence.
- To the third part, add 1 teaspoon red colour and strawberry essence.
- Pour green colour in the bottom of a round cake tin, red colour in the middle and yellow colour on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve after cooling.
The lovely colours of this cake tempt your eyes...and melt your heart...and make your mouth water, just to have a bite and then have another one and then one more...endlessly!!
my kids favourite
This recipe was great, I had three children helping me, one 6 year old and two 4 year olds. They all enjoyed themselves. The kids chose the colour orders and the had green on the bottom, yellow in the middle and pink on top. The only problem with the cake was it didn't cook in the middle but the crust was burnt. However the outside of the cake tasted yummy and the kids ate all the cooked parts. Thank you Charishma Ramchandani