Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Gator meat is delicious and very high in protein and very lean. The perfect food for a high protein low fat diet.
- 1 lb alligator tail steaks
- 1 medium onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 green pepper, finely diced
- 8 whole mushrooms
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- cajun seasoning
- Marinate alligator in orange juice and teriyaki for 6 to 24 hours.
- Place meat, onions, peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms in a small pan and baste with marinade.
- Place in broiler for 2 to 3 minutes total, turning once.
- Sprinkle with Cajun seasoning.