Recipe by lazyme
Simple but delicious lamb from Bon Appetit. I only cook the lamb for 13 to 15 minutes because we like it medium-rare and by following the recipe, we think it's over cooked.
- 2 racks of lamb, frenched
- 1 medium shallot
- 3 tablespoons green peppercorns, drained
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a roasting pan season lamb with salt and arrange rib sides down. Roast lamb in middle of oven until a thermometer inserted 2 inches into center of a rack registers 130°F, about 25 minutes, for medium-rare.
- While lamb is roasting, mince shallot and with flat side of a large knife crush peppercorns. In a small saucepan cook shallot in 1 tablespoon butter over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until softened. Add peppercorns and wine and simmer until liquid is reduced to about 1/3 cup.
- Transfer lamb to a cutting board and let stand 10 minutes. Skim fat from roasting pan and add red-wine mixture to pan, stirring and scraping up any browned bits. In saucepan simmer sauce until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Whisk in remaining 3 tablespoons butter until incorporated and season sauce with salt if necessary.
- Cut lamb into individual chops and pour sauce over them.