Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
We had something very similar to this at a restaurant here in Big Bear on our first date. It was absolutely incredible. My eyes rolled back in my head and I couldnt stop eating. It was served with garlic mashed potatoes or herbed white rice, and we had creme brulee for dessert with raspberries for dessert. ABSOLUTE PERFECTION!
- 59.14 ml fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 green onions
- 1 serrano chili, seedless
- 1 small garlic clove
- 4.92 ml fresh ginger
- 59.16 ml honey
- 236.59 ml tightly packed mint leaf
- 236.59 ml tightly packed cilantro leaf
- 2 racks of lamb
- 2.46 ml salt
- 3.69 ml pepper
- Puree all ingredients except lamb in a blender. Let sit covered during cooking.
- Preheat oven to 500* f.
- Rub lamb with salt and pepper to personal taste.
- Place baking pan in hot oven for 10 minutes, then place lamb fat side down on the pan for approximately 12 minutes for rare.
- Spoon generous amount of cilantro mint sauce on plate, top with 3-4 bones of lamb.
Made for PAC Spring 2012.
As you can see, I had to deviate a little due to a shortage of lamb racks at the local grocer. I also prepped a little differently. I had originally intended to stick as closely to the recipe as possible, however once I blended the 'sauce' I found it a little to strong tasting to just leave and then pour on at the end, so I apologise for the deviation here. I decided to pour the sauce over the 'rack' as a marinade and then went on to cook for the right amount of time. I'm really happy that I did, as the cutlets came out with a beautifully flavoured crust and the cooked down sauce was divine. This meal was a real pleasure to eat and I will most certainly use this again in the same capacity. Thank you for sharing.