TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Yet another Lamb Recipe from my Toolbelt. LCBO, featured the Flavours of France and share with you. Succulent rack of lamb, heady with the fragrance of garlic and herbs. The garlic loses all its strong aromas and becomes a mellow vegetable when it is cooked. Its flavour beautifully complements the lamb. As an ideal match for the rich savour of lamb, herbs and garlic, Wine Tidings magazine chooses these robust full bodied reds from Southern France. - Fortant de France Cabernet Sauvignon. - Rigal Cahors. - Chateau de Gourgazaud. - Rasteau Cote du Rhone Villages (my third choice). - Calvet Reserve Bordeaux. - Guigal Cotes du Rhone (my second choice). - Jaboulet Crozes Hermitage. - Chateau Montlabert. - Mommessin Chateauneuf-du-Pape (my first choice).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lamb racks, 8 chops each
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1To Make Garlic Confit:.
- 2Separate garlic into cloves. Slice root end off each clove but do not peel.
- 3Place in saucepan, cover with water and bring to boil.
- 4Boil 5 minutes. Drain and slip garlic out of its skin; it will come out easily.
- 5Heat butter in skillet on low heat, add garlic cloves, cover and cook, shaking pan occasionally, until garlic is golden (about 10 minutes). Reserve garlic and skillet for sauce.
- 6To Pepare the Lamb Racks:.
- 7Cut away last 2 inches of fat and meat from bones. Trim remaining fat; cut racks in half.
- 8In a small bowl, combine Dijon mustard, rosemary, thyme, parsley, breadcrumbs, oil, salt and pepper. Pat over lamb racks.
- 9Preheat oven to 400 deg. F.
- 10Place lamb on a rack over roasting pan and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until juices are slightly pink. Let rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- 11To Make Sauce:.
- 12In the reserved skillet, add red wine, vinegar and sugar. Reduce until glazed (about 3 minutes). Add stock and butter and boil until slightly thickened. Scatter in garlic confit and parsley.
- 13To Serve:.
- 14Slice lamb down into chops, spoon on a little sauce and garnish with garlic confit.
- 15Serve with roasted potatoes and vegetables.
- 16Open your bottle(s) of wine, pour liberally, and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rack of Lamb Provencale With Garlic Confit
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.6
- Calories from Fat 334
- Total Fat 37.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.0 mg
- Sodium 276.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: