Recipe by Nif
I found this recipe from an Australian cook on the internet. It is a lamb dish with an Asian twist. The sauce can be made in advance - it keeps for days or weeks in the fridge. The sauce is also great with grilled salmon. Enjoy!
Top Review by CJAY
A totally different way to roast lamb for me but very tasty. The Asian twist was quite nice and the sauce was great both with the lamb and the steamed rice I served. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8.
Rack of lamb
- 1 whole rack of lamb, french cut
- fresh garlic, minced
- extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 shallot, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the rack, dry and then rub garlic into the meat and bones. Drizzle with olive oil and allow to stand an hour or so at room temperature.
- In the meantime: Place the ginger in a saucepan; add shallot. In a small bowl, stir mirin, vinegar and soy sauce; add to saucepan. Heat the ingredients to boiling point then remove from heat, cover and leave to stand.
- Cook the rack in a 400F oven for 15 minutes - it should still be pink in the centre. (you can divide the racks before cooking if you prefer the meat a little better done.).
- Spoon some of the sauce on the plate; add the rack. Serve with hot vegetables.