Chef #1800363337's Note:
A coworker shared a cup of his wife's potato soup with me and I had to have the recipe. Thought others would enjoy this as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 -2 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 1/2-3 cups potatoes, peeled and diced (I have used up to 5 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2-1 3/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mild or sharp)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (your choice) or 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (your choice)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 11. In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter.
- 22. Saute onion in butter until softened.
- 33. Stir in potatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
- 44. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15-20 min.s or until potatoes are tender.
- 55. Puree potato mixture in blender or food processor. (If you like pieces of potato in soup, remove 1/3 or more of the potatoes before this step and break into small pieces with a fork.).
- 66. Return to pot over medium heat.
- 77. Stir in cream, cheese, pepper, and salt.
- 88. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring until thickened (about 5 minutes).
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rachel's Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 70.6 mg
- Sodium 570.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 9.0 g