Recipe by Southern Mama
This is from 30 minute meals. I use ground beef and Hebrew National hot dogs. These are sooo good!!
Top Review by galenjoyce
A solid recipe. I would suggest adding a tableapoon of cumin for a southwestern chili, and if out of tomato sauce, a can of tomato soup makes a solid substitute in this recipe. I also added a can of chili beans drained, because I find the chili just works that way. One great dog.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 453.59 g ground sirloin
- salt and pepper
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 8 beef hot dogs
- 14.79 ml butter
- 14.79 ml hot sauce
- 8 hot dog buns, toasted
- 473.18 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and meat and season with salt and pepper.
- Brown and crumble beef.
- Add Worcestershire, onion, garlic, chili powder, and cook together 5 minute Add tomato sauce and reduce heat to low.
- Meanwhile boil franks in shallow pan to warm through, 5 minute
- Drain water and return pan to medium heat.
- Score casings on dogs.
- Melt butter in skillet and add hot sauce.
- Add dogs to pan, browning and crisping the casings in hot sauce and butter.
- Heat broiler.
- Place dogs in buns and top with chili and cheese.
- Place dogs under broiler and melt cheese.
- Serve immediately.