Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is not your Mom's egg salad recipe. It's a whole lot better--spicy but creamy. I found this recipe in Rachael Ray's Cooking 'Round the Clock, 30 Minute Meals. Tasty stuff!
- 8 large eggs
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 14.79 ml hot sauce (tabasco)
- 29.58 ml prepared yellow mustard
- 44.37 ml mayonnaise or 44.37 ml ranch dressing
- 59.14 ml onion (white, grated or minced)
- 1 celery rib (small, from the heart with greens and finely chopped)
- 29.58 ml chives, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml green salad olives and pimientos, drained and finely chopped
- black pepper
- 8 slice pumpernickel bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- Place eggs in a pot and cover with water.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Cover the pot and turn off the heat. Let eggs stand 10 minutes.
- Drain, then shake the eggs around in pot to crack the shells.
- Run eggs under cold water to peel and cool.
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, mustard, mayonnaise, onion w/juice, celery, chives, and olives.
- Coarsely chop eggs and add them to a bowl.
- Mix egg salad and season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toast bread and make sandwiches with mounds of deviled egg salad and lettuce.
We really liked this recipe. Thanks for posting!
I halved the recipe to make enough for 2 hearty sandwiches. I, too, add sweet relish (instead of celery & onion) and found it to be a little spicy. Next time, I think I'll leave out the chili powder altogether. Thanks for the posting!
I took this to a church potluck and it was enjoyed. When I first made it, it was a little spicy so I did add about a tbls. of sweet relish and a little more mayo to tone it down a bit. Thanks Amy! Made for the IRON CHEF game.