Recipe by ~Paula~
I saw this on the TV show and knew that I wanted to try these for a football party.
Top Review by shadowgirl...
Okay...these were delicious. I made them cocktail size, baked them, put them in the sauce and froze for a week. The night before our get together I took them out and let them defrost slowly. Put in a crockpot the day of the party on warm and they were perfect all day. I served with my secret homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. They were a hit. I have now had 3 requests to make these. New Years Eve to be the first. BTW...I did add one egg. Thanks for posting the recipe Paula.
- 1 lb ground chicken breast (all-white-meat)
- 1⁄2 small onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot sauce, Frank's Brand
- blue cheese dressing, for dipping
- 3 scallions, green and white parts thinly sliced, for garnish
- celery rib
- carrot sticks
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400ºF.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground chicken with the onion, garlic and parsley and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Flatten out the meat in the bowl and score it into four portions using the side of your hand. Shape each portion into four balls – you should have sixteen meatballs in total.
- Wash your hands after handling the raw poultry.
- Arrange the meatballs on a nonstick sheet pan and drizzle them with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Place in the oven and bake until the meatballs are cooked through and golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the hot sauce and whisk to combine.
- Toss the baked meatballs in the hot sauce to coat.
- Serve the meatballs with a bowl of blue cheese dressing garnished with scallions, celery and carrot sticks alongside.