Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
- 1 green cabbage, shredded
- 4 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 311.84 g raw ham, chopped
- 3 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 rabbit, cut in serving pieces
- 4.92 ml thyme, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprig parsley
- 118.29 ml water
- fresh ground black pepper
- Mix the cabbage with the shallots, celery, carrots, ham and garlic.
- Place half in the base of a casserole dish.
- Top with the rabbit pieces.
- Sprinkle with the thyme, bay leaves and parsley.
- Cover with the remaining cabbage mixture.
- Pour over the water and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook in a preheated moderate oven (180 C, 350F, Gas Mark 4) for 2 hours.
- Serve straight from the cooking dish.