1/1 Photo of R.s.c. Grilled Ginger Fruit
Tender, grilled fruit in a spiced brandy sauce atop creamy vanilla ice cream. A sensational summer dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 large ripe mangoes, peeled, pitted and sliced 1/2-inch thick (firm fruits hold up best on the grill)
- 2 small bananas, peeled and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 7 ounces blueberries (1/2 pint)
- 5 3/4 ounces sweet cherries, halved and pitted (24 cherries)
- 1/4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger (candied ginger)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur or 1 tablespoon cherry flavored liqueur
- 6 scoops sugar-free vanilla ice cream
- 1Spray a 9-inch square foil baking pan with non-stick cooking spray; place mango and banana slices in pan.
- 2Stir in blueberries and cherries.
- 3In small bowl, combine Splenda, brandy, ginger, lemon juice, and cornstarch; stirring until cornstarch dissolves.
- 4Pour brandy mixture over fruit.
- 5Cover pan tightly with foil.
- 6Place on grid and grill on covered grill, over low to medium heat, until juices simmer and fruit is tender 20-30 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat, and stir in the liqueur.
- 8Scoop ice cream into small bowls and top with fruit mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for R.s.c. Grilled Ginger Fruit
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.6
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 33.2 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sugar-free vanilla ice cream