2 hrs 30 mins
Another of my Cuban favorites for a Sunday dinner.. I make this in a pressure cooker but it could easily be done in a regular Dutch Oven. Just adjust time and temperture to suit..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1814.36 g rump roast, closely trimmed
- 1 medium onion, coarse chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml oil
- 709.77 ml water
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 473.18 ml beef broth, strained from meat
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 236.59 ml white zinfandel wine
- 3.69 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 2Close trim fat from roast and rub all over with garlic powder.
- 3In pressure cooker pot, add oil and brown roast on all sides.
- 4While browning roast add onions and saute with roast.
- 5When done, add water, close lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes or until roast is done through.
- 6Release steam and remove roast and set aside.
- 7Strain 2 cups of broth from pot and set aside.
- 9In a 4-5 qt pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, and green pepper and saute until tender.
- 10Add tomato sauce, 2 cups of strained beef broth from meat, 2 beef bouillon cubes, wine, spices.
- 11Mix thoroughly and cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- 12Slice roast and add back into sauce, cover and cook 20 minutes longer.
- 13Remove all and serve with white rice and black beans.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for R Bs Cuban Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (630 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1036.1
- Calories from Fat 566
- Total Fat 62.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 340.5 mg
- Sodium 2205.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 98.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white zinfandel wine