Recipe by KitchenHacker
Another of my Cuban favorites for a Sunday dinner.. I make this in a pressure cooker but it could easily be done in a regular Dutch Oven. Just adjust time and temperture to suit..
- 1814.36 g rump roast, closely trimmed
- 1 medium onion, coarse chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml oil
- 709.77 ml water
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce (I use Hunts)
- 473.18 ml beef broth, strained from meat
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 236.59 ml white zinfandel wine
- 3.69 ml salt (to taste)
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 4.92 ml garlic, minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Close trim fat from roast and rub all over with garlic powder.
- In pressure cooker pot, add oil and brown roast on all sides.
- While browning roast add onions and saute with roast.
- When done, add water, close lid and cook on high pressure for 60 minutes or until roast is done through.
- Release steam and remove roast and set aside.
- Strain 2 cups of broth from pot and set aside.
- In a 4-5 qt pot, add olive oil, garlic, onion, and green pepper and saute until tender.
- Add tomato sauce, 2 cups of strained beef broth from meat, 2 beef bouillon cubes, wine, spices.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on medium high heat for 10 minutes, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes longer.
- Slice roast and add back into sauce, cover and cook 20 minutes longer.
- Remove all and serve with white rice and black beans.