Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Inspired by my good Cuban friends in Ft. Lauderdale.. Black beans and warm Cuban bread with butter top this dish off..
- Trim all external fat from pork roast.
- Slice onions to about 1/8 inch thick slices and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Rub pork roast with garlic powder on all sides and place on top of onions.
- Mix 5 ounces of marinade with 1/3 cup of water and pour around roast.
- Spread minced garlic evenly over top of roast.
- Cover and cook for 4 1/2 hours on high or 8 - 9 hours on low until meat has seperated from the bone.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Remove onions with sloted spoon and place over shredded pork.
- Serve over white rice.
- Serve remainder of the bottle of marinade to drizzle over pork.
EXCELLENT recipe! We substituted Adobo as we weren't able to find the Mojo or the other one. Also seared the roast before placing in crockpot. We added lime juice and plenty of garlic salt. The first night we had it with rice; thereafter we ate it on soft flour tortillas with freshly chopped onions, jalapeños, fried potatoes, and anything else that sounded good. Thank you for sharing!
This is melt in your mouth good. I needed a cuban roast for sandwiches, but we ended up eating this with white rice one night and then using the leftovers for sandwiches the next day. We loved this recipe, thank you for sharing with us.