Inspired by my good Cuban friends in Ft. Lauderdale.. Black beans and warm Cuban bread with butter top this dish off..
- Trim all external fat from pork roast.
- Slice onions to about 1/8 inch thick slices and place in bottom of crock pot.
- Rub pork roast with garlic powder on all sides and place on top of onions.
- Mix 5 ounces of marinade with 1/3 cup of water and pour around roast.
- Spread minced garlic evenly over top of roast.
- Cover and cook for 4 1/2 hours on high or 8 - 9 hours on low until meat has seperated from the bone.
- Remove pork from crock pot and shred with 2 forks.
- Remove onions with sloted spoon and place over shredded pork.
- Serve over white rice.
- Serve remainder of the bottle of marinade to drizzle over pork.