Crock Pot Cuban Pork Roast
- Ready In:
- 10hrs 20mins
- To prepare marinade for pork roast mix together fruit juices, water, garlic, oregano, cumin, salt, pepper, and bay leaves in a small mixing bowl.
- If necessary, trim fat from pork roast.
- With a large meat fork, pierce meat several times.
- Place roast in a large Ziploc bag; add marinade.
- Marinade in refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours; turning several times.
- Place onion in bottom of slow cooker topped with meat and marinade.
- Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours or High 5 to 6 hours.
- Remove meat from slow cooker and cool slightly before carving.
- Skim fat from gravy.
- Shred meat; remove onions with a large slotted spoon and add meat.
- Remove bay leaves and discard.
- Serve meat in flour tortillas with small bowls of gravy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
SCRUMPTIOUS!! I used a 4lb pork loin and due to curcumstances beyond my control it marinated 3 days. I kept turning it and kept it in a colder part of the fridge. Otherwise I followed directions. I served it with garlic bread and cabbage (husband doesn't eat tortillas). My husband & I agree we shouldn't have it too often because it's hard to quit eating.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a mother of three and live in central Pennsylvania. My children were very active in after school activities and found we weren't spending anytime together at meal time. In 1998, I decided to start cooking my dinners in a crockpot so that we could have a home cooked meal together once everyone came home. My children now get so excited to see what we are having to eat and love the smell when they walk in the door. My family calls me the crock pot queen. LOL I use my crock pot everyday of the year. <br> <br>My three children are now in college and before they come home they request their favorite meal. I still continue to cook in the crock pot for my husband and I. It is nice after a long day to know your meal is ready. It also helps in keeping my grocery bill down. With zaar, I can print my shopping list and that is all I purchase is the ingredients on that list. <br> <br>Now, my two daughters have been crock pot cooking while in college. They find it is easy to cook for the themselves and their friends. It is an easy way to have friends over for dinner after classes <br> <br>I still love trying new recipes and purchasing cookbooks, especially crock pot cookbooks. <br> <br>Happy Cooking!