Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. This Spanish-style tortilla is a delicious potato & egg omelette. The beauty of this dish is in its simplicity. Here, it's served as an appetizer with garlic aioli.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes Diced Potatoes with Onion
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup prepared garlic aioli
- Heat 1/4 cup of the olive oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes and cook for 15 - 20 minutes, stirring often, until the potatoes are soft. Transfer the cooked potatoes to a plate.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the salt. Whisk until combined. Add the potato mixture to the eggs and stir until combined.
- Heat the remaining 1/4 cup olive oil in the pan over medium heat. Pour the potato/egg mixture into it. Cook for 5 - 8 minutes, until the the bottom is golden brown. Place a large plate over the pan and carefully flip the tortilla. Gently slide the tortilla back into the pan. Cook for 5 - 8 more minutes, until golden brown.
- Place the cooked tortilla espanola on a cutting board and cut into bite-sized pieces. Serve with garlic aioli for dipping.