Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats (reg or quick)
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F Cover 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Place rolled oats in blender and process until finely ground. Combine ground oats, flour, baking soda, salt, & cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl cream butter, sugars, vanilla, and lemon together using electric mixer. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the flour mixture into egg mixture, blending well. Add the chocolate chips and walnut to the dough and mix well. Using 1/4 cup of dough for each cookie, scoop round balls with an ice-cream scoop and place 2 1/2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are lightly browned, 16 - 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in a sealed container to keep soft and chewy.