Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple dish for a simple day. From: http://thesepeasarehollow.blogspot.com/2011/04/fuel-to-ride.html
- 118.29 ml cooked quinoa
- 118.29 ml shelled edamame, cooked
- 14.17 g parmigiano-reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1 extra-large egg
- 9.85 ml olive oil, plus more for frying egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- In a bowl, mix together the quinoa and edamame, and toss with one teaspoon of olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat a tablespoon or so of olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Fry the egg until whites are set, but yolk is still runny (this will make a nice little sauce for your quinoa). Season egg with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the quinoa and top with the hot fried egg. Serve with the sliced avocado, drizzled with a bit of olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.
This made a great brunch! I loved the flavors and enjoyed every bit of it. I put a few more edamame beans to finish off the package. Thanks! Made for Pick a Chef, spring 2014.
I made this for lunch! Delicious, quick, and easy.
We loved this recipe! It made for a great Sunday brunch. I would never have thought to put a fried egg over quinoa, but it was so good. Loved the parmesan, edamame, avocado, olive oil combination as well. This recipe easily doubled to serve DH and myself. I am adding this to my file of keepers. Thanks. Made for PAC Fall 2012.