Recipe by jaimelee
I cooked this up one night after needing to use tomatoes before they spoiled. I conveniently had some left over quinoa (super healthy grain) and with some other ingredients came up with this. I didn't measure so everything is approximates. Adjust to your taste. Enjoy!
- 4 large tomatoes
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 -2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 -2 cup monterey jack pepper cheese
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut tops off of tomatoes and hollow out with a spoon, reserve & chop flesh from inside, throw out juice, or freeze for soup.
- Place tomatoes in square baking dish.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, beans,left over tomato flesh, 1 cup cheese, salsa, cumin and salt to taste.
- Stuff tomatoes with mixture, top with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.