I cooked this up one night after needing to use tomatoes before they spoiled. I conveniently had some left over quinoa (super healthy grain) and with some other ingredients came up with this. I didn't measure so everything is approximates. Adjust to your taste. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut tops off of tomatoes and hollow out with a spoon, reserve & chop flesh from inside, throw out juice, or freeze for soup.
- 2Place tomatoes in square baking dish.
- 3In a large bowl mix quinoa, beans,left over tomato flesh, 1 cup cheese, salsa, cumin and salt to taste.
- 4Stuff tomatoes with mixture, top with remaining cheese.
- 5Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Stuffed Baked Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.6
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.1 mg
- Sodium 362.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.0 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 16.9 g