Recipe by pixielee43_11494785
Another excellent recipe from Marian Blazes using the super grain Quinoa. I find these muffins to be at their best right out of the oven with a bowl of beef stew. Thank you Marian where ever you are for sharing your wonderful recipes with us.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa, rinsed and well drained
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup course ground cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rinsed quinoa and water in saucepan, bring to a boil and cover, simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Remove lid and continue to cook all the while stirring for 1 or 2 minutes more, until quinoa starts to stick to pan.
- Remove from heat and spread out on plate to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together, (flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal).
- Add dry mixture to butter and sugar mixture alternating with buttermilk, just until blended. Do not over mix.
- Drop muffin liners in muffin tin if desired filling almost full with batter. Place in oven and bake until muffins have risen and spring back when gently touched, about 15 - 20 minutes,.