Another excellent recipe from Marian Blazes using the super grain Quinoa. I find these muffins to be at their best right out of the oven with a bowl of beef stew. Thank you Marian where ever you are for sharing your wonderful recipes with us.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place rinsed quinoa and water in saucepan, bring to a boil and cover, simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- 2Remove lid and continue to cook all the while stirring for 1 or 2 minutes more, until quinoa starts to stick to pan.
- 3Remove from heat and spread out on plate to cool.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5Cream sugar and butter until smooth and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition.
- 7In a separate bowl mix dry ingredients together, (flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal).
- 8Add dry mixture to butter and sugar mixture alternating with buttermilk, just until blended. Do not over mix.
- 9Drop muffin liners in muffin tin if desired filling almost full with batter. Place in oven and bake until muffins have risen and spring back when gently touched, about 15 - 20 minutes,.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quinoa Corn Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.3
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.6 mg
- Sodium 304.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g