Christmas Quinoa Muffins
photo by healthyrecipenut
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup Greek yogurt, with fruit on bottom (I used FAGE Cherry)
- 1 cup milk (I used Almond)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (I used Grapeseed)
- 1⁄4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (Chopped)
- 2 tablespoons unbleached cane sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Add cane sugar to chopped cranberries ( I find chopping frozen cranberries much easier).
- Mix first 6 dry ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl whisk remaining wet ingredients (yogurt, milk, egg, vanilla and oil) together.
- Fold wet ingredients into dry until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in sugared cranberries and pumpkin seeds
- Line muffin tins with parchment cups or grease with oil of choice. I used parchment.
- Use regular size ice cream scoop to fill muffin cups.
- Bake for 30 -40 minutes until tops are brown and toothpick comes out clean. Toothpick will come out clean after 20 minutes but its worth waiting until muffins actually brown on top for better texture.
- Notes: Batter is fairly dense. Adjust with milk to your liking. Muffins are minimally sweet so adjust sugar as well. I love a just slightly sweet muffin and you can't beat fresh cranberries. Enjoy!
- As with all healthier muffins these stay/store best in freezer in a ziploc freezer bag once they've completely cooled. Perfect defrosted in microwave at power level 3 for 1 min (flipping it at 30 seconds).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!