Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
A fantastic find from BC. Slightly adapted for my family's taste. 305 calories; 7 g fat; 51 g carb; 4 g fiber; 10 mg cholesterol.
- 1 (10 ounce) packageread-to-serve prepared pizza crust (12-14 inches diameter)
- 2⁄3 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix (or shredded carrot and zucchini)
- chopped fresh basil
- 2⁄3 cup shredded lowfat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated low-fat parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons fat-free parmesan cheese, topping
- Put the pizza crust on a cookie sheet of pizza stone.
- Spread pizza sauce evenly over the crust.
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onion in hot oil for about 2 minutes or until the onion is crisp tender; stir frequently to keep the garlic from burning.
- Stir in broccoli slaw or carrots/zucchini; stir/sauté for 5-6 minutes (add up to 2 tablespoons water to keep broccoli from sticking), until the broccoli is crisp-tender.
- Spoon vegetable mixture over the pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle chopped basil over vegetables.
- Sprinkle cheeses over the top.
- Bake in a 450°F oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- I lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper once it is cooked; omit this is you are on a sodium-restricted diet.