Quick Chunky Greek Pizza
This recipe is quik and easy. It is low in fat and absolutely deliscious. If cut into small portions, this recipe is perfect for appitizers. If you are looking for something loaded with flavour, well, you have found the right recipe.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cake flour or 2 cups pastry flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup olive oil (depends on how dough is turning out.)
- 4 large chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- Crust-- Sift first eight ingredients together in a bowl.
- Combine yogurt and oil together in a seperate bowl.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour yogurt and oil mixture into the well.
- Carefully fold ingredients together until dough forms.
- Knead dough into a ball and let stand.
- Topping-- Combine first seven ingredients of topping in a bowl.
- Roll dough out onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet.
- Spread half of mozzarella onto dough.
- Spread topping evenly over cheese.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella along with the parmisan over topping.
- Bake in oven preheated to 400 for 20 to 30 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I would make a different crust next time, like others I had some problems with it holding together, even after adding extra oil & yogurt. But the flavor! YUM! I'm always looking for vegetarian recipes that will fly under my meat-happy family's radar, and with another crust, this is going in my rotation.
Oh my word! Great flavor! I agree about the crust: had a hard time getting it into a ball without it flaking apart. I rolled it and baked it on a stone. I didn't have fresh basil, so I used 2 Tbls dried basil. I also added chicken. Super yummy, but took a bit longer to prepare due to the crust issue. Delicious!
This was really yummy. The crust was good but not my favorite but the topping was sooo good. I added mushrooms to the mix and topped it off with yellow bell pepper and red onion. I will definatly make this again and again but I may change the crust a little. I prefer a bubbly crust but this was quick and easy! Thanks for posting
The crust was too crumbly and we didn't like it - we ended up picking off the topping. The topping was REALLY good! We were out of fresh tomatoes so we used canned and cut them up, but it was fine. The crust was the problem for us - we had to add stuff to make it work and it was just not good - the cornmeal ruined it. Next time we make this, we'll use the toppings and a prepared crust.