Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Chili purists should probably stay away from this, but my family LOVES it. I have been making it forever, and have tweaked the original recipe to our tastes. My current chili powder of choice is Tastefully Simples Wahoo Chili.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cans tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) canbrooks hot chili beans
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- Brown ground beef.
- Add taco seasoning mix and water required for the mix.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook 1 hour over medium-low heat, stirring often.
- Garnish with shredded cheese, minced onion and sour cream.
i made this for my dad tonight, i cant say if he added anything extra or not to it - because hes always dopeing things up - but he really liked the fact that you used tomatoe soup and taco seasoning. Its been cooking in the crock pot since about 12 and its 5 now... and half of it is gone so id say thats a 5 star review right there! thanks for shareing