Recipe by English_Rose
Ideal for feeding a hungry family, a hearty roast meal of chicken and veggies in less than an hour.
Top Review by Mrsspeevs
Excellent dish to feed a hungry, picky, no-frills-tolerated family in a hurry. I think I left out the leek and used regular potatoes. But it was a very hearty and flavorful meal.
- 1 (4 lb) whole chickens, jointed into eight pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into 6-8 wedges
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 1in chunks
- 1 leek, cut into 1in chunks
- 12 new potatoes, scrubbed
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Put the chicken pieces, red onions, garlic, carrots, leeks and potatoes into a large bowl and pour over the olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper, and toss together with your hands, adding more olive oil if it looks a bit dry.
- Spread out in a single layer on a baking/ roasting tray and pop into the hot oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked and the skin is crisp.