1/1 Photo of Quick Rice With Olives
This is a dish I put together that was quick to make and was easy to take to work for lunch. Perfect for those of us who don't have a lot of time to make lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the rice, water and onion flakes in a microwavable container (sandwich containers are the perfect size).
- 2Cook rice in microwave. I've found the best way to do this is to microwave on high for 2 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes. Then microwave on high again for 2 minutes. (time would depend on your microwave).
- 3After rice is cooked, place 1 slice of American Cheese on top of rice.
- 4Top with olives.
- 5This recipe travels well and re-heats very well. I take it to work and re-heat it in a microwave for 2-3 minutes. Make sure the cheese melts.
- 6I've never made this recipe to eat right away. I'm sure it would taste just fine either way.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Rice With Olives
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 9.0 mg
- Sodium 618.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 9.0 g