Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great week-night recipe. Easy and tastes great. I usually "skin" the polish sausage but you don't have to.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) cans red beans, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage or 1⁄2 lb Polish sausage
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Saute onions, pepper and garlic in butter till tender.
- Add beans, sausage and bay leaf.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice.