1/1 Photo of Quick Pickled Garlic with Mediterranean Flavors
Chop up some of these delicious, pickled cloves and add to salads, or to your roasts. They pack a lot of flavour. from Quick Pickles: Easy Recipes with Big Flavor by Chris Schlesinger, John Willoughby, and Dan George.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or 3/4 teaspoon other coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small hot chili pepper, of your choice,slit up the side (or more)
- 1 cup garlic, cloves peeled (2 to 3 heads)
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped fresh oregano or 1 tablespoon thyme or 1 tablespoon rosemary (or a combination thereof)
- 1In a small nonreactive saucepan, combine the vinegar, sherry, salt, peppercorns, bay leaf, and chile, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring once or twice to dissolve the salt.
- 2Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, and simmer for 30 seconds or so.
- 3Remove from the heat and add the fresh herb.
- 4Allow to cool to room temperature, uncovered, and then pour into a jar with a nonreactive lid.
- 5Cover tightly and let stand at room temperature for at least a day before sampling one of the smaller cloves.
- 6The flavor will improve steadily over the first few days, as the liquid penetrates the garlic.
- 7This pickle will keep, covered and refrigerated, for 2 months or more.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Quick Pickled Garlic with Mediterranean Flavors
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.0
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar