Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 2 cups raw rice, which will yield 4 cups when cooked
- 8 ounces beef sirloin, thinly sliced 1/8 inch and the fat removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh carrot, peeled and thinly sliced 1/8 inch
- 1⁄2 cup onion, thinly sliced 1/8 inch
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 cup celery, cut like matchsticks
- 1⁄2 cup white cabbage, sliced thin 1/8 inch
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Cook the rice according to the packages instructions and it keep warm.
- Preheat a pan then quickly fry the beef and vegetables together with the vegetable oil over high heat until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Season with salt, ground white pepper to your taste.
- Turn off the heat and add the soy sauce and sugar, stir for one minute.
- Add the meat and vegetable mixture to the rice in the pot in which the rice was cooked.
- Heat on a low setting, until hot throughout.
- Add the parsley and chives.
- Serve from the pot in bowls with additional soy or hot pepper sauce if you like.