Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Super easy and delicious coffee cake that starts with refrigerated biscuits.
Top Review by Sharon123
Karen, I really enjoyed this coffee cake! The orange flavor is fantastic!Be careful not to overbake,as it will get hard around the edges! My husband and I had this with veggie sausage and eggs over easy! Thanks for a good recipe!
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together sugar and orange peel; set aside.
- Separate biscuits and dip each into melted butter, then in sugar mixture to coat well.
- In a greased 9 inch round pan, arrange biscuits to overlap slightly.
- Sprinkle any remaining sugar mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated 375* oven for 35 minutes or until golden.
- Cool on rack for 10 minutes and then turn out ontol serving dish.
- In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar and orange juice; blend well.
- Drizzle over coffee cake.