Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just a quick Indian vegetarian dish! You can use fresh or frozen okra. Fresh okra will take slightly longer to cook.
- Saute onions in oil until golden brown.
- Add spices and half cup water.
- Saute for two minutes on medium heat.
- Add okra, salt, and rest of water.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes. Cover and cook until okra is cooked (15-20 min) on medium heat.
Made as written. VERY quick, easy and tasted great.
I made this with broccoli and cauliflower instead of okra. We did not use onions or tomato, however I did use all the spices. It was very spicy and flavorful. I loved that it was so easy and quick to make, and infinitely adaptable to whatever vegetables you may have on hand. I think I'll try it with carmelized onions, tomato, and cooked lentils next time.