Recipe by bmcnichol
Another bar cookie recipe that my family loves.
Top Review by kittycatmom
Great bars! We really liked the flavor, and they are incredibly chewy! Just great!! The only change I will make next time is to use part brown sugar instead of all white sugar, otherwise these bars are just delicious as written! Thanks, I will be making these often! Made for Newest Zaar Tag
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups peanut butter, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Prehaet oven to 350.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, sugar, syrup, eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add one cup peanut butter and mix.
- Stir in flour, oats and salt.
- Spread in a 13 x 9 pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- In saucepan combine 1/4 cup butter and 1/4 cup water and heat to boiling.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 cup peanut butter and cocoa and mix.
- Beat in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Pour over bars and spread evenly.
- Cool and cut into squares.