- 3 slices bacon, diced
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 3⁄4 cup chopped carrot
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can great northern bean, rinsed & drained
- 3⁄4 cup small shell pasta (like ditalini or shells)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in saucepan until almost done.
- Stir in onion, celery, carrots and garlic and cook until almost tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and cook for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and beans and heat to boiling.
- Stir in pasta and cook for approximately 8 to 10 minutes or til done.
- If soup becomes too thick, add a little water.