Recipe by Helping Hands
This is a simple and quick low carb meal that can be prepared in minutes! Is is so simple that it really isn't much of a recipe; however, it is a great idea for a low carb substitute for regular French Onion Soup, which is usually made with bread. Feel free to substitute the listed cheeses for Parmesan Cheese, which is a lower-fat cheese, or to substitute a handful of regular sliced mushrooms for the Portobello Mushroom Slice. Please note that this recipe, as written, serves one, but it can easily be adapted to serve as many as you want.
- 304.75 g cancampbell French onion soup
- 304.75 g can water
- 1-2 slice swiss cheese or 1-2 slice provolone cheese or 1-2 slice gruyere cheese
- 1 slice portabella mushroom
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to Broil.
- Heat canned soup in microwave in microwave/oven-ready bowl, following directions on can.
- When soup is piping hot, add mushroom slice on top of soup, then place one to two slices of cheese on top of mushroom slice.
- Place bowl on cookie sheet.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes, until cheese is browned and slightly bubbling.
- Remove very carefully from oven, and serve.